Therapeutic massage is commonly offered at Peak Form Medical Clinic in combination with standard physical therapy treatment for a wide variety of medical conditions. It is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue (fascia). Deep tissue massage and myofascial trigger point therapy are both common techniques utilized during therapeutic massage.
At Peak Form Medical Clinic we take an integrated, team approach to incorporate therapeutic massage. Our Physical Therapists consult with our Massage Therapists to help provide our patients with the best course of treatment for optimal healing.
Our certified Massage Therapists work on muscle and other soft tissue to help you feel better. They focus on areas located below the surface to enhance function and promote relaxation.
- Deep tissue massage is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity, such as athletes, and patients who have sustained physical injury.
- Myofascial trigger point therapy focuses on trigger points—areas that are painful when pressed and are associated with pain elsewhere in the body.
Benefits of massage
Some studies have found massage may be helpful for:
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Shoulder pain
- Neck pain
- Low back pain
- Temporomandibular joint pain
- Decreasing blood pressure
- Paresthesia and nerve pain
- Decreasing heart rate
- Insomnia related to stress
- Digestive disorders
Our MASSAGE THERAPY Package Deals
Twelve “30 minute” massages $435 / save $105!
Twelve “60 minute” massages $820 / save $140!
Six “30 minute” massages $245 / save $25!
Six “60 minute massages”$435 / save $45!
FYI: How Massage Therapy Works
There are numerous theories, still being explored and tested, about how massage therapy may affect the body.
- The “gate control theory” says that massage may provide stimulation that helps block pain signals sent to the brain
- Biochemical theories suggest that massage stimulates the release of chemicals like serotonin or endorphins in the body
- Other theories indicate that massage may produce beneficial mechanical changes in the body.
Reference: National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine