Neck Pain and Whiplash Program
‘Neck pain’ — pain that occurs in the cervical spine — is a condition with a wide range of causes. Most people at some point experience neck pain or stiffness, but for others the condition is serious and long-lasting. Neck muscle strain and pain can be caused by:
- Poor posture or work habits
- Sports injury
- Arthritis of the neck
- Worn joints
- Nerve compression
- Spinal disc degeneration.
Peak Form certified physical therapists work with you to target the cause of the neck pain, relieve your pain, and do a whole body assessment to help you manage and even prevent neck pain in the future.
Do not ignore neck pain: it is a condition that can easily become chronic if the underlying physical issues aren’t treated properly.
Whiplash and Associated Disorders
Whiplash refers to neck injuries and disorders caused by sudden distortion of the neck, usually but not always in the context of a vehicle accident.
With whiplash injuries it is important to remember:
- Even a fender-bender can cause significant neck damage
- Symptoms can take 12-24 hours to appear (so you feel worse the following day)
- Symptoms extend beyond neck pain and may include loss of movement, lower back pain, numbness or pins and needles in the arms and hands, dizziness, fatigue and more
- Timely treatment is essential.
How we treat neck pain/whiplash at Peak Form Medical Clinic
Physical therapy provides a proven non-invasive, non-pharmaceutical option to managing and providing relief for neck pain.
At Peak Form Medical Clinic our neck pain/whiplash program features:
- Whole body assessment
- Neurological assessment
- Clinically proven protocols
- Evidence-based techniques
- Joint mobilization/manipulation
- Soft tissue mobilization/manipulation
- Body mechanics assessment/correction
- Tailored home exercise program
- Management and prevention strategies.